Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] resetpassword redirect

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Hello. I am using another membership program (LearnDash) to have courses. When people sign up for the first time they are sent to the forum resetpassword page to create their account. See attached screen shot.

After this page, I want to direct to a custom page that has a button to go to LeanDash or Forum. I can make this custom page, but trying to figure out how to do this redirect.

I looked and I see you have under Settings/Members/  

Redirect after login
Redirect after registration
Redirect after subscription confirmation

I don't see one for resetpassword (The same page for setting up a new password). Can you please advise on this?

Thanks, Jason

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @jasontoth,

I'm sorry, but I don't have any advice here. There is no way to do a custom redirection after resetting password. In case you want to use custom pages for login/registration or reset password you should use the corresponding options in the same admin page.

Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Is there any plugin that you know of that would work to handle the basic WP login and creating an account that would work with wpForo as well as other programs, such as LearnDash?

Maybe a third-party plugin would help create their own login & password reset pages that would override the default ones in WP?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jasontoth,

Maybe this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-registration/

Once you created a custom login/register/reset-password pages go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members tab and set the custom page paths to the corresponding options.

Then go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab and disable these options:

• Replace Registration Page URL to Forum Registration Page URL
  • Replace Login Page URL to Forum Login Page URL
  • Replace Reset Password Page URL to Forum Reset Password Page URL

Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Just to follow up for others that might read this I ended up using MemberPress and creating one membership for the forum and a second membership for my online course. Each is a separate login page and redirects to the approrpiate location, the forum or the course. I tried to use the above user-registration, but this plugin didn't give me a direct option to work well enough for me. Also logging in and out still was mixing people resetting password for the forum and ending up on the online course, where MemberPress kept it all clean. Thanks, Jason