3 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@tim4962)

I can not add any New posts or view any posts. 🙂Β 

PLEASE; Scroll down to the bottom of the page.Β 

SEE; Classic Testimonies

Click on it; It says; "No posts to display"

In a nutshell; that is my problem. I can not add any New posts or view any posts.Β 

(permissions)? or no data in the database?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leading up to the problem; had to restore my site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why? I believe I have the answer? This week I have had some issues on my site and had to grab an older version of my site. So the database and WordPress files are not talking together.

I see the forum categories, old posts, but not the data once I click on anything.

Now I have no problem starting over if that is what I need to do. If that is what I need to do, then how do I completely uninstall the forum?Β 

But if I can save it; how do I reset it; you have a reset button, it did nothing for the site.

In order to delete all data to completely reset everything and start over, I need to know what I must delete?

How do I do that, delete everything? When one uninstall files there is normally some place the data sits to cause problems later. So how do I uninstall completely?Β 

Β 

Perhaps you have a way that can prevent me from doing all that extra work, I'm all ears.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Sincerely,Β  Timothy Thompson

5 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

For starters, remove wpForo page from your WP Super Caching plugin. NO caching for wpForo, via plugins.

1 Reply
(@tim4962)

@dimalifragis Thank you for your input. I don't know what plugin is giving me a fit. But I deactivated the plugins and activated them one by one and now it works.Β  I don't know which one gave me a fit. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for sharing your input. I do have a catching plugin so I'll be keeping an eye on it. Thank you.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @tim4962,

I think you have a custom code or a plugin which makes this issue,

If you have added custom code, please disable it and try again if you hadn't added any custom code, try to disable your plugins one by one and check the forum after each plugin disabled.

2 Replies
(@tim4962)

@chris I did disable most plugins. It made a difference. However, as I brought back one plugin at a time, it still continues to work. I'll have to keep an eye on it. At least I know what to do and thanks for your help. Now I don't have to enter a lot of data. By the way; I love the forum.Β  Thank You for your help. 😆

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@tim4962Β 

Please read again my reply. DISABLE any caching from wpForo pages. It doesn't WORK. It creates issues to your site.

It is PINNED at this forum also. Do NOT use caching plugins (excude the page) with wpForo.

The plugin is WP SUPER CACHE.