Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] save forums order and hierarchy problem

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
 wsa
Topic starter
(@wsa)

I am in the process of creating a forum with a lot of sub forums.

all is going well but suddenly the bottom hierarchy of the forums are not the way it was and some main forums got suddenly under another main forums becoming  subforums. Also other subforum can not moved under the main forum to organize them alphabetically. They revert back to some hierarchy not chosen by me.

I tried by drag and drop, selecting it in the sidebar the proper forum. I cleared the caches. Logged in and out as admin. Nothing helped.

It wpforo can not handle such number of forums and subforums i have to migrate to another forum. Is it possible to have all my work exported to another forum plugin? I prefer using wpforo as i like it but if it is limited in the number of subforums it is not for me.

For now the number of forums is around 60 but will grow into about 200 sub forums.

Please assist me.

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Problem comes from server PHP configuration.

This is a known issue with hosting service configuration, here are the main PHP settings which should be set as much as possible for example:

post_max_size = 128M

max_input_vars = 10000

please ask your hosting service to increase these PHP values. You can also use php.ini or .htaccess files to add these options, but most of cases it doesn't work or it's limited by hosting provider.

wsa
Topic starter
(@wsa)

Thank you for your fast reply and help.

It shows I made the right decision using your forum software wpforo since fast customer support is one of the most important services a software company should be committed too.

I was only able to set the max limit to 32M in my PHP panel at the hosting provider.

This did not work and the problem was still there.

I solved it by ftp into the website and add the following to the .htaccess file in root directory:

php_value post_max_size 128M
php_value max_input_vars 10000

This for others to try the above if they encounter similar problems.

2 Replies
(@ksturff)

Could you tell me how to do this in simple terms? I'm a bit of a newb, I don't know how to get into my root directory. I'm having trouble adding new categories and children. I can create them but they never save properly in the hierarchy. Since I already have so many that do, I'm assuming my problem is the same, that there isn't enough room for them.

(@ksturff)

I should edit that I do know how to get into my root directory, I just don't know what to do from there.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please follow to these URLs, there are many articles with step by step instruction:

https://www.google.com/search?q=increase+max_input_vars
http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-increase-the-maximum-file-upload-size-in-wordpress/