Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Select and checkbox not showing

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@ilpav12)

Hi, I have the forum on Motors theme and in the registration page doesn't show the checkbox for accepting rules and the select to choose where to move a topic. Can someone help me understand why this elements don't show up even if they are in html of the page. Thank you in advance. Luca

11 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @ilpav12,

Please leave a direct link to your forum.

Posted by: @ilpav12

the registration page doesn't show the checkbox for accepting rules

You should insert URls of your terms and policy pages in Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Privacy & Rules Tab, then enable the checkbox:

Posted by: @ilpav12

select to choose where to move a topic.

7 Replies
(@ilpav12)

@robert thank you for the reply, but I've already done this steps and in the first case I don't have the square on the left to accept the rules, and in the second I don't have the drop down menu, so I only see "Choose target forum*" and a blank space below that

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@ilpav12,

This might be CSS conflict with your active theme. Please leave a URL to your forum.

(@ilpav12)

@robert I also think that is the problem but I can't fix it. This is the URL https://www.trackdayr.com/forum

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@ilpav12,

Could you please leave a screenshot of the problem?

(@ilpav12)

@robert I have attached an image to show the missing checkbox on forum rules agreement

(@ilpav12)

@robert I have attached a second image to show the missing select for moving topics

(@ilpav12)

@robert I am also facing another problem with topic editing for registered users that cannot modify their topics and replies. Admins and moderator can. I also attached an image with the access options for registered users

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @ilpav12,

Some plugin or the active theme affects forum checkboxes and drop-down menus

This should fix the checkbox issue:

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/checkboxes-not-showing-up-on-registration-white-url-insertion-letters/#post-52544

But for the dropdown menu you should find "Select2" feature in the theme settings and disable it, this is an extension of the theme or of some plugins which tries to replace regular drop-down menus to some advanced vies, and they crash the appearance of it.

2 Replies
(@ilpav12)

@robert thank you for the checkbox, I added your custom css and it works. Can you please explain further the question about the "Select2". Can you also help me with my access option problem? Thank you again

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@ilpav12,

You should contact to your theme support and ask them to find the option which modernize all dropdown menus on the website, the name of that feature is probably "Select2", try to check all options of your theme settings, if you don't find it just contact them. Or just change the theme.

BTW, the "Select2" feature may come from other plugins, page builders, etc.... I have no idea which one loads that feature in your website, but it does a very bad changes.