Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Server error, plugin conflicts, 524 error

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
2,000 Views
Posts: 17
Topic starter
(@jwhit16)
Eminent Member
Joined: 4 years ago

Hi, I installed WP foro along with a few add-ons about a week ago. Since that time I have seen Elementor show that it conflicts with a plugin, I am getting 524 errors on my site, WPBE bulk editor has been having issues, and the backend of my site feels generally slower. 

I have not changed anything else on my website. While these errors were annoying at first, they did not prevent me from continuing to build out the website. But I do need to find a resolution. Website is https://gigsharks.com

2 Replies
Posts: 27
(@webauthor)
Eminent Member
Joined: 8 years ago

It sounds to me like you may have a misconfigured web server your hosting provider may be funnellng traffic through a proxy DNS like cloudflare and WPBE bulk editor is being missinterpreted as an attack. My recommenations are the following:

1) Unless you don't care about SEO, get your own dedicated web server hosted by Google themselves. Never use a shared web server or VPS if you want any chance of being found predominantly on Google for a popular keyword or keyword phrase.

2) Don't use Elementor. Use Beaver Builder, UABB and either the Astra Theme or BB Theme.

3) Install WordFence to mitigate attacks.

4) Never ever use JetPack. Use WP-Rocket and make sure to disable in temporarilly when trying to find a plugin conflict.

5) Always disallow everything "including Google" in robots.txt until you're ready to go live.

 

Posts: 17
Topic starter
(@jwhit16)
Eminent Member
Joined: 4 years ago

1) I have a dedicated server though my hosting provider

2) Elementor is the most popular wordpress plugin. They have gone above and beyond what the other builders you have suggested do for security and performance.

3) Will consider

4) I use WP rocket currently. I also use Jetpack to monitor website stats, this has never caused an issue in the past.

5) ok

 

I am not trying to place blame on WP Foro, but the fact is that I did not see any of these issues until installing this plugin and paying a premium to upgrade with WP foro add ons. It would be naive to assume that suddenly a preexisting plugin has created an issue when they have been constants and WP Foro is the only variable here.