Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Shortcodes in notification email?

19 Posts
7 Users
4 Likes
(@thedrawingboard)
Trusted Member

I know this is an older thread, but it was the closest thread I found for what I'm trying to do - and can't figure out.

For the New Reply Notification Email Message, I too, want that message to say WHO posted the reply.

I tried the shortcode of [member-name], [user_login], [author-user-name], [user_nicename] and [user_id] - but none of these shortcodes worked to show the user name or ID of the person who posted the reply.

Can you please tell me what shortcode I need to use for this?

Thank you for your help!

Here's the latest shortcode I tried:

Hello [member_name]!<br>
<br>
A new reply by [user_id] has been posted on your subscribed topic - [topic].
<br><br>
<strong>[reply_title]</strong>
<blockquote>
[reply_desc]
</blockquote>
<br><hr>
If you want to unsubscribe from this topic please use the link below.<br>
[unsubscribe_link]
1 Reply
TIMS Forum
(@tims-forum)

Trusted Member

@thedrawingboard, it doesn't look to me like the list of shortcodes has changed since I made this request. Perhaps @robert might be able to speak to the future roadmap and when this could become available.

(@maxelio42)
Estimable Member

I'm about to switch my site from Asgaros to Wpforo, ... but I discover this issue concerning the limitation to the length of the [topic_desc]  and [reply_desc] shortcodes.

For me, it's a real problem, as our actual forum shows the totality of the messages. I don't imagine our users accepting to suddenly receive only a small part of them!

And also, having no shortcode to indicate the sender of the message/reply is another problem...

As Robert's answer date back more than one year, it seems that it's not a priority for the team, am I wrong?

And for the first question, if no short term solution is in sight, is it possible to tell us where we can change this length parameter within the code?

Thank you so much for your answers, Robert!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@maxelio42

You can use 'wpforo_email_notification_post_body_length' hook described in the following topic to reduce or increase the number of chars in topic/post description: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/how-to-reduce-first-100-characters-of-replys-content-in-email-notifications/#post-25917

(@maxelio42)
Estimable Member

Thank you very much, Robert ! It seems to work.

You didn't answer my question concerning a way to display the sender name for a message/reply in the notification email.

Is there a solution?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Please wait for upcoming version. We've already added post author name shortcode in this message. I have no ETA yet, but the update will be released this month for sure.

(@maxelio42)
Estimable Member

Great !!! 😀 

Page 3 / 3