Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Shortcodes of WP FORO?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@kiko91)

Hi,

Does WP FORO support various shortcodes? That are also customizable? 

For example, I would like to have a shortcode that shows the newest posts from forum, so I could put it in widget or post page.

• I would like to be able to modify in this shortcode: 
  • Author - show/hide 
  • Post title - show/hide 
  • Post text - show/hide
  • Order of those elements to be able to modify. 
  • Number of posts to show - editable 

Currently I am trying to achieve a widget to show the newest comments and newest forum posts. I would like to insert it in a widget and/or inside blog post content to promote community. 

I know that you have your own widget, but it's styling is overwriting and not really fitting my theme. It would be great if you would have such shortcodes that are customizable. Please let me know if you have any solution or advice, thanks! 🙂 

Thank you and best wishes to you!

3 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @kiko91,

Does WP FORO support various shortcodes? That are also customizable? 

There is no way to make all the above-mentioned functionality work via shortcode.

The wpForo widget already has all functionality mentioned above by you. You just need to change the styles as you need and put the code in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page Custom CSS code" textarea. In case if you're not familiar with the programming, you just need to find the CSS expert and ask them to make it work as you need.

Currently, we have plugin customization and custom addon development services at the gVectors Team. They can assess the work and create it for you. Just contact us via sales[at]gvectors.com email address and send a list of requirements you'd like to have.

Topic starter
(@kiko91)

Hi, thanks for the reply, I understand. Hope maybe in the future you would add some shortcodes to be able to insert recent posts also inside Blog Post Content. 

Posted by: @alvina

Currently, we have plugin customization and custom addon development services at the gVectors Team. They can assess the work and create it for you. Just contact us via sales[at]gvectors.com email address and send a list of requirements you'd like to have.

Is it a paid service or free help? If paid, what would be the cost?

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@kiko91,

Is it a paid service or free help? 

Yes, it's a paid service.

If paid, what would be the cost?

If you contact us via the email provided above, this will be discussed as well.