[Solved] Single user license

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Danno6116
Topic starter
(@danno6116)
Estimable Member

I have been building my forum on a hidden page on my existing site. I am going to transfer this site to the intended URL. It is almost ready for a beta release.

I would like to keep my existing site for testing and future updates.

How does that work with a single license user?

I was just thinking, I could just use my beta (new site) and add a replica forum on a hidden page. That would probably be much cleaner and simpler.

Any input would be appreciated. Please advise.

Thank you

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi,

Please read Tom's answer here: https://gvectors.com/forum/official-wpforo-addons/number-of-activation-exceeded-limit/#post-27100

1 Reply
Danno6116
(@danno6116)

Estimable Member

@sofy Thank you, I am glad you mentioned thatlink in last post. very important for single user  licence.

So here is my issue. I migrated my forum existing (old test site) to new URL(new site)

• Before my migration, I deactivated all wpforo plug ins on old site.
  • so after Migration to new site, I reactivated all the plug ins on new site. Worked really well!

The issue is that I went to general settings (new site) and changed the URL with the address that pointed to my members page, and I updated. I thought would redirect all visitors to my memer page. I really screwed up. Very big mistake, It crashed my new web page completely. I mean Critical. I could nt even access the dashboard

I tried a lot of things and was able to see the new site periodically. It was a nightmare, My new site kept asking for cerrtain wpforo add-on activation codes, I would enter and update and it would not work (the alert would not go way) I tried it so many times that I can not get any more access keys on certain wpforo flugins. I used my license keys so many times, I run out of the allowed allotment. Please note that the all the plugins are showing on the the addons menu (new site), but some are no atattached to licensing. But they all still work. Wordpress support has helped me get the new site up. I am not sure how long it will function

I thought doing another migation, but doing that now will not include all the mods I made on wpforo on the old site. Because I removed all that after having the the new site working, I did this to comply with my terma regarding  single user license.

So I need to now which files to leave out on this next migration? So I do not over write all the work wpforo support has done and the 150 hours of work I have put into it.

Please see the attached and please tell me if you know which files include the wpforo mods, so I can exclude them on the migration.

OR is there a better way? 

Frazzled and dazzled. That is what I am right now.

and thank you

Danno6116
Topic starter
(@danno6116)
Estimable Member

This is a big message to anyone wanting to migrate a site. My advice is not to do it unless you are experienced or have a good developer. The good news is that I just reverted back to my old site. All my licenses are connected. I directed my URL from the new site to my page on my old site. I had my host do that for me. I like the way it turned out. 

You can close this please

Thank you @sofy