Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Sitemap, SEO, and shortcodes

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@todesengel)

Hi,

I use custom headers on all my pages, and if I use the method described here to change the forum page, it fails to use my header on the page. In Elementor my custom page is /forums/ and it has my header. When I set that setting to /forums, it overwrites my custom forum page. My other option, which works fine, is to use the shortcode

[wpforo]

Like i said, this works on my /forums/ page. However, it is going to throw the SEO all off when it uses the site-map.xml settings from the /whatever-slug-i-put-in-the-settings-page.

What would be the best way to correct this so I can have my custom page header, wpforo, and a proper sitemap?

Thanks,
JP

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @todesengel,

First you should create a new page with your Elementor. Then put wpForo shortciode in that page. Then go to Forums > Settings > General Tab and change the forum base URL to the new Elementor page slug (URL path), so it'll call your customized page.

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Don't forget to delete other forum pages if you have. Only keep one forum page, that one should have the same slug (URL path) as you've set it for forum Base URL.

(@todesengel)

@robert I got it! Thanks man!

tqarb
(@tqarb)

Trusted Member

@robert i have two forum page one with slug community and one with slug home-forum

and i set the page with slug home-forum as homepage for my site

Is this right or wrong?

or must delete the page with slug community