Clear all

[Closed] Speed problems

14 Posts
3 Users
7 Reactions
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Why are the queries taking so long? And how can I fix the problem? I am also getting lots of warnings from my host saying i am running out of memory, when it really shouldn't be the case.... It has been happening for a while and i was hoping the new wordpress update would fix it, but it hasn't....

Any suggestions? It took over 80 seconds for this page ot load. Usually it is done in half a second

13 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Make a full backup, disable and remove your current page caching plugin (for the moment) and try this

https://wpforo.com/community/general-discussions/speed-up-your-wpforo-forum-with-docket-object-cache-plugin/

Follow my instructions fully pls.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Also since you have a large forum, you definitely MUST block some c**p using your .htaccess.

You should block known scrapers user agents, seo scanners, attacks (some) and that will block anything before arriving to your Wordpress site.

IF interested, i can post here some details.

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Thanks for the info mate.... sounds like a mission! Is it likely to fix the problem? 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Well, you had issues like that before and you were unable to find the real cause of it. So i can't realy tell you if this will solve your issue or not. Or improve the problem.

You should definitely try it, following my guide.

Page 1 / 2