2 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
dimalifragis
Topic starter
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Hi,

I wanted to share something with you all. As you probably know PAGE caching plugins do not play well with wpForo, despite the fact the some users IGNORE it even after been told so.

So if you want to speed your whole Wordpress AND wpForo, TRY this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/docket-cache/

Especially if you are on Shared Hosting. Be sure to backup everything first.

Also it is very important to TURN OFF ANY optimizations of the Docket Cache plugin. Leave JUST THE CACHING part. Turn off Admin interface optimizations, Wordpress optimizations, woo commerce optimizations, various tweeks and hacks etc. Leave JUST the caching part. And also disable the CRONbot option of Docket cache.

Enable in Docket Cache the following in Storage Options: Real-time File Limit Checking and Auto Remove Stale Cache.

Then add +128 mb of PHP memory allowance to your .htaccess and wp-config.php. For example if you allow 128 mb, make it 256mb or if 256 mb make it 384 mb. If you already allow 512 or more, no need to do anything. I haven't seen until now a Wordpress site needing more than 384 mb, so 512 is more than enough.

Please do not hold me responsibe for ANY issues, personally i use Docket cache plugin for 2 WP/wpForo sites, for 3 months now without any issues.

And OF COURCE REMOVE ANY PAGE CACHING you have running. Do NOT run them BOTH. Same for any Redis/Memcached etc etc object caching.

Do NOT disable wpForo internal caching.

I hope i have helped.

1 Reply
dimalifragis
Topic starter
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Not sure why my avatar changed and shows what it shows 🙂

I have changed it now to default.