Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Sub category Links not working

14 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@phantom)

Hello I managed to setup the forum without issues. I then went ahead to create forums and sub categories inside them. But I cannot click to add a topic. The problem is, when I click on sub category, instead of it opening, it redirects to my latest blog posts page.

I don't know if its a plugin issue. Im using theme (Imperio), Plugins (Contact Form 7, Cube Portfolio, Master Slider Pro,  Really Simple CAPTCHA, Slider Revolution, Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer, Visual Composer Clipboard, and WPBakery Visual Composer)

The installation is on my laptop (WAMP server), where the forum worked with another theme (Divi) before.

13 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Please change the forum slug, or change blog post slug. Then delete cache and test on new browser (redirection is bening hard-cached by browsers so you may not see the result 24 hours if you don't use other browser).

Forum slug can be changed using Screen Options top menu on forum edit page.

(@jdiaz)
Eminent Member

I'm having this exact issue, I already changed the forum base url to "forum" and blog to news, and went back to "community" and the issue still occurs.

Forum is live, users are getting sick and we can't find what is causing it.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

The support was was about Forum Slug not Forum Base URL. Please see the screenshot:

Just edit the forum you can't open and change the slug in Dashboard > Forums > Forums admin page.

(@jdiaz)
Eminent Member

Thank you Robert, my bad. The issue we're having is when opening a topic,  clicking randomly to any topic sometimes it redirect us to our post page. We notice after saving the forum's page or posts pages it starts working but then after few minutes it starts to fail again.

Page 1 / 3