top-level forum description is not shown / visible

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
 bvsc
Topic starter
(@bvsc)

Happy new year everybody!

I have a problem that seems to be quite common but didn't find a good solution or explanation:

The forums on the top-level have a description field: "This is a forum description. This content will be displayed under forum title on the forum list." (see attached screenshot)

But the content (in my example "tbc")  is not shown in the main list, but the content its there (mouse-over shows "<p>tbc</p>, also see attached screenshot)

How can I activate the description to be visible?

@fneumeier : maybe you can share your solution?

Best regards

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @bvsc,

The description of parent forums are not displayed on the forum list. They are only displayed when you enter to that category. For example: https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/

bvsc
Topic starter
(@bvsc)

Thanks a lot four your quick reply!

If I want to show the description on every level, is there a way to teak it?

Since showing it on the top level makes the most sense, because usually people want to know what a forum/sub-forum is about before they open it 😉

Best regards

BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)
Contributor

Hi  @bvsc 

Currently, there is no straightforward way to achieve this. However, wpForo templates can be customized. You can customize any wpForo theme template by copying the necessary template file into your WordPress current active theme folder. For more detailed information on customizing templates, please refer to our documentation.

https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/forum-themes/theme-customization/

bvsc
Topic starter
(@bvsc)

Thanks a lot for pointing me to the right direction!

Best regards