I installed wpForo and things seemed to be working correctly. I used an internal forum to take advantage of SEO. notified a few users that the forum was active to start testing. Everything works great when logged in.
However when not logged in, the forum structure is visible but it shows zero topics for all forums. If you click on "recent posts" you can only see a few topics and in those topics you can only see certain posts, not all of them.
I also have users telling me they are having similar issues too. Some can't see the topics, others can only see certain topics, and so forth.
I searched this forum and found some similar issues reported. I verified the user-groups and permissions, I also cleared the cache, but the issues still persist.
Any support is greatly appreciated.
Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Forum Accesses Tab, edit each of the accesses and make sure the following two CANs are enabled:
- Can view topic
- Can view replies
Then delete all caches and check again.
More info here:
Thanks for your reply. I had already done this step 3 times with no luck, but I did it again. Still no change.
I checked the usergroup assignments again, all was right, I updated/saved for good measure. Deleted all Cache again. Still no change.
The visibility is inconsistent. When not logged in you can see the forum but it says "0 Topics / 0 Replies" for everything. But when you click on "Recent Posts" or a sub-form, it shows only some posts but not all, and of all the posts visible it only shows parts of them. For example you can see a post I made as the admin and my reply, but none of the other user replies. In another post you can see the original post made by a user made but no replies. Another post is not showing at all.
I would like to share with others how I solved this issue. It was not in any changes or modifications to the user groups or clearing cache. I found the solution by navigating to, Forums > Settings > Features and then scrolling down to "Role-Usergroup Synchronization" and selecting "NO." It appears that the settings in Wordpress & Woocommerce were somehow conflicting with the Forum permissions and causing this issue.