Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Translation Menu Categories (sub)Forums

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@stijntje)

Hi,

As I want a mulitlingual forum where people using different languages can post: What is the best way to translate the title and description of Categories and (sub)Forums?

I'm using WPML for other parts of the site: Do I need to translate the menu in WPML?

Kind regards,

Stijn

3 Replies
Topic starter
(@stijntje)

Hi,

I found in WPML under "Theme and plugins localization" to import for the textdomain wpforo  the possibility to import a .po file. Is there somebody having experience with this feature?

I seems to me that this makes it possible to integrate the translations of wpForo in WPML

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences

Stijn

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@stijntje,

I'm sorry but you cannot show forum content in different languages. This is a single content, and it doesn't have many language versions. The translation only work for forum UI phrases.

All user interface phrases of wpForo are passed through WordPress POT translation system. So, once the language is changed (using WPML language switcher) they'll be translated based on wpForo translation files. If the language is not fully translated in the wpForo translation file you'll not see the translation. For example, wpForo French translation file is not fully translated. You should use Loco Translate plugin to complete wpForo translation file for your preferred languages.

Topic starter
(@stijntje)

Thx Robert,

1° I have already found out about the POT translation. I have got problems to get in in Dutch. Although I had indicated in wordpress not to take into account the language settings of the browser, wpForo was looking for nl_BE while nl_NL is available. So I solved this by copying nl_NL to nl_BE

2° I'm looking into translation through the db