wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Unable to put an avatar

9 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
exode13
Topic starter
(@exode13)

Hello,
A new member of my forum ( https://www.louerdieu.com/forum-louange/) asked me to put a photo on his avatar because he could not do it (I am the administrator of the Forum ).
I tried with my admin account but I can't arrive either. When I click save changes, nothing happens.

Can you help me please ?
Thank you

8 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @exode13,

If you have other avatars uploading plugin, please deactivate it and check again.

6 Replies
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

@alvina

<!-- This website is like a Rocket, isn't it? Performance optimized by WP Rocket.

exode13
(@exode13)

@anonymous20

Yes exact but wpforo is excluded from the WP Rocket cache and I have this avatar problem which I cannot download even when I completely deactivate WP Rocket. Is this not due to the fact that the Forum admin (me) cannot change or add an avatar for a member?

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: @exode13

@anonymous20

Yes exact but wpforo is excluded from the WP Rocket cache and I have this avatar problem which I cannot download even when I completely deactivate WP Rocket. Is this not due to the fact that the Forum admin (me) cannot change or add an avatar for a member?

As i see it is not excluded either from Caching or Optimizations.

Still, if you know better, then that is all right.

exode13
(@exode13)

@anonymous20 @alvina

If I ask a question here it is precisely because I do not know the answer.
I have just deactivated WP Rocket again from my site completely, and I still cannot load an avatar. I leave WP Rocket off so that you can test please and tell me if you have any idea of the problem OK?
Thank you

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

@exode13

First of all please be kind for this community. We only trying to help.

I registered and YES i can't upload an avatar. If you just posted the error displayed we could have saved a whole lotta of time.

This has been posted before, it is due to some custom fields problem that asks for a password. Search here for details.

I think it will be fixed with an update.

Also there is no need to DISABLE WP Rocket or any caching. Just exclude the wpforo base page (the page with the shortcode).

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
exode13
Topic starter
(@exode13)

@alvina

I do not understand your answer. What do you mean by "If you have other avatars uploading plugin" How and where can I turn this off ?