wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] you are unauthorised to view this page

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@faitht)
Trusted Member

Hi, 

We have a Forum in our membership program. the site url/community is protected by a rule within the Memberpress plugin. The forum is private so we have to protect it with this rule. It's been working well for 6 months. Now, following updates to the site yesterday, when users click to read or add a topic, they get a message saying 'you are unauthorised to view this page'. 

Do you have any thoughts about why this might have happened and what I could do about it? I can't try turning the Membership plugin off because we have hundreds of members wanting access and also because I couldn't then test membership access to the forum!

Would appreciate your thoughts. Many thanks. 

Faith

2 Replies
Topic starter
(@faitht)
Trusted Member

I should have said that Admins can use the forum no problem – it's only members on one of the memberships (we have four types at different levels) who can't gain access. I tried turning off the page protection rule, but it didn't make any difference.

They can see the main forum okay, just can't get access if they click on topics or posts.

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@faitht,

Could you please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address. The developers will check the issue.