wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Upgrade Root Forum links to SSL

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@lawrencelb)
Eminent Member

Hi team,

I have recently upgraded my website to SSL 'www.tabletoptactics.tv' and I no subsequently need to upgrade all of my root Forum links to SSL, as currently this is creating login in conflicts - especially with the 'Lost Password' Link. 

Please can you advice on how I can upgrade my forum to now be on SSL. I am running the latest version of Wpforo also. My forum can be found here: www.tabletoptactics.tv/forum (which you will see, is still on an http link, unlike the rest of the site)

Many thanks,

Lawrence

2 Replies
1 Reply
(@lawrencelb)

Eminent Member

Hi folks,

I have actually found a way to upgrade wpforo to recognise my SSL site using a plugin, so that is now resolved. However the custom authorisation Lost Password URL under Wpforo/dashboard/members while it links to the right page, it does not show my Theme my Login Plugin Shortcode, but a WPforo Reset Password field, which doesn't work and links to a blank page or error 500. This is as a result of the custom link not working and instead going to the Wpforo/lostpassword link instead. 

This seems to have started happening after updating to the latest version of WPForo. 

Topic starter
(@lawrencelb)
Eminent Member

Ok please mark this thread as closed, as I have isolated the issue and created a new topic for that issue in this forum.