Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] User group on user not synched on user role status - adding role -> ok, removing role -> old role stays as user group

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@bjornarfjelldal)
Eminent Member

As title says. It does not sync against users who gets their role removed, if a user has multiple roles, the last role added always shows as user group (even though it is not a part of that role).

Example;

User group 1 = User role 1

User group 2 = User role 2

User added as User role 1 -> Displays User group 1

User added as User role 2->Displays User group 2

User removed from User role 2-> STILL displays User group 2 (we want it to display User group 1 now)

User removed from User role 1 -> STILL displays User group 2

User added as User role 1 -> Displays User group 1

3 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @bjornarfjelldal,

The Usergroup Synchronization doesn't synchronize secondary Usergroups with multiple User Roles. If you have some changes with usergroup we recommend reset User Cache in Dashboard > Forum > Dashboard admin page. Then use the [Synch Users] button and then [Delete all Caches] button. In any case you can edit those users manually (Dashboard > Edit user) and save to reset user data.

Topic starter
(@bjornarfjelldal)
Eminent Member

Hi again, and thanks for your reply! I am aiming at having only primary user groups (I have not had more than one show in the forum threads anyhow), so the user groups / roles are only checked under "Display Usergroup under Post Author Avatar".

I would like to try reach the dashboard and do your suggestions, however I am not able to reach it? I am getting thrown out to a blank page saying

"It looks like nothing was found at this location. Please try searching below:" Can it be related?

Topic starter
(@bjornarfjelldal)
Eminent Member

This seem to be a bug on multisites, none of the super admins are able to access the dashboard, and normal admins do not seem to have enough access to view any buttons in the dashboard...