[Closed] User Management

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@pheck1964)
Eminent Member

Hello - just one simple question:

In a customer forum installation of WPForo, we work with a secondary group to manage forum accesses. 

The customer has a Wordpress user with Editor role and this Editor role has been extended to be able to change user settings in Wordpress. He will not (!!!) get any administration role in Wordpress!

But he should be able to manage the forum settings including to assign a new forum user to the secondary group if required. I synced the Wordpress Editor role to the WPForo Moderator role and in the "Moderator" user group I assigned all rights. Nevertheless - when this user is now editing the forum users settings, he sees all the normal Wordpress user options, but is not able to assign a user to the secondary group as this section of WPForo management is not displayed in the user role editor.

In the normal WPForo user management, I could only change the primary usergroup, but not the secondary.

Question: How can a Wordpress user with only the "Editor" role change the assignment to the secondary group?

Cheers Peter

11 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @pheck1964,

There are two places to manage the secondary usergroups. Please make sure you've checked both places. First is the Dashboard > Users > Edit user in WordPress Dashboard.

The second is located on the front-end, just click the user link, go to profile page, then click the Account setting icon on the right side of the profile action panel.

2 Replies
(@pheck1964)

Eminent Member

@robert I know! It works well, as long as I'm logged in with a user belonging to the WordPress "Administrator" role. But it doesn't work with a user assigned to the WordPress "Editor" role - that's my problem! Here, those options are not available at all!

Cheers Peter

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@pheck1964,

Please leave a screenshot of your usergroups synchronizations (wpForo > Usergroups).

Also, lease edit the user with Editor user role in Dashboard > users admin page, scroll down and find the Usergroup it has.

Topic starter
(@pheck1964)
Eminent Member
2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@pheck1964,

Sorry, not yours. Please leave a screenshot of the Editor user.

(@pheck1964)

Eminent Member

@robert The screenshot here shows the WPForo section of the Editor user, not the one of my admin user. Do you need a different screenshot?

Topic starter
(@pheck1964)
Eminent Member
4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@pheck1964,

Thank you. Also, please leave a screenshot of the user profile page where the Editor can't see a delete button.

(@pheck1964)

Eminent Member

@robert This is the screenshot of a user profile page from the view of the Editor user and the details on the settings available. As you can see, the assignment of the user role is not available (normally below the "Title" option)

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@pheck1964,

All is correct. User must have Administrator User Role (WordPress) with Admin Usergroup (wpForo) to be able to use the User Deleting option in Dashboard. For the Editor you can see another delete button (red one) which can delete user in two ways: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/settings/login-registration/#user-delete-method

(@pheck1964)

Eminent Member

@robert The problem is NOT (!!) the deletion! It's about selecting the secondary usergroup for a user - this should be done by the moderator of the forum which must not have Wordpress Administrator rights as this user can really do anything within Wordpress! So I'm looking for a solution to enable a user with Wordpress Editor role to change the secondary usergroup!