Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Usergroup permissions problem

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@cislyn)

I'm having an issue with user group permissions. I would like my moderators (who have wordpress "editor" role) to be able to promote users from the "new user" group - which is what we have by default for newbies - to "registered" and/or "volunteer". Right now, only Admins can do this, and I don't want to grant administrator access just for the purpose of screening and promoting users.

Currently, the moderator user group has all permissions set, except those related to forum creation itself. When I try to edit a user's profile as a moderator, though, the dropdown for the usergroups isn't present. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Help?

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm sorry but Moderators are not allowed to change Usergroup in wpForo yet. This is the most risky point of all forums. Changing Usergroup means granting accesses, this should only do forum admins.

We'll take your issue under consideration and will try to allow moderators to manage usergroups as secure as possible.

1 Reply
(@cislyn)

Thanks for getting back to me. Please do consider it - it seems riskier to me to allow more people full wordpress administrator access. As it is, it's either that or create more work for our admins who have their hands full with other issues.

It would be ideal if promoting users were only allowed up to the current user's permission level - so a moderator couldn't create an admin, but could create more moderators or people with fewer permissions.