Usergroups and attachment limits

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@hbk747)
Trusted Member

Hello,

I have generally turned off attachments for everyone except admins and mods. For them the limit is 100mb. I was wondering if is it possible to assign different attachment limits for different usergroups? I want a mod to be able to attach/upload upto 100 mb but a regular subscriber/registered user should only be able to upload 1mb files.

I also have two other related questions (I did not want to make a separate topic and bother you guys). Wpforo allows nofollow links which is great but should my websites links also be nofollow in the forum? or is dofollow better? I run a magazine and now I am starting a forum so there is a subforum for discussing our magazine articles. This means people will and our management will share our articles' links on the forum. So is it good for those internal links to be dofollow or should it be nofollow. I just dont want any negative SEO. 

Also if people post external and internal broken links o the forum, what is the best practice? Can I leave them alone if they are nofollow or should we be deleting those links? Can keeping broken links on the forum ruin SEO? I do clean up broken links on the magazine but was not sure about the forum. Does wpforo have a link checking ability?

Sorry for many questions.

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi,

I have generally turned off attachments for everyone except admins and mods. For them the limit is 100mb. I was wondering if is it possible to assign different attachment limits for different usergroups? I want a mod to be able to attach/upload upto 100 mb but a regular subscriber/registered user should only be able to upload 1mb files.

Please check out the wpForo Advanced Attachments addon. It allows you to set the "Maximum File Size" and many other options based on usergroups.

As for your second question, I recommend referring to this documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/settings/wpforo-seo/#:~:text=wpForo%20SEO%20does%20all%20SEO,all%20necessary%20SEO%20meta%20tags.  

Topic starter
(@hbk747)
Trusted Member

Hi @sofy 

I have read this documentation 2-3 times but it does not answer my question.

Topic starter
(@hbk747)
Trusted Member

@sofy If I buy the attachment addon, do I have access to the addon for life? I know premium support is for 1 year but what about future updates and the ability to use the addon? Or will everything end after a year?

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@hbk747

All our products are subject to yearly licenses for future updates. However, you’ll still be able to use the version you have for an unlimited time. Please read the license agreement here: https://gvectors.com/terms-and-conditions/#gaining-download-access