wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Usergroups Confusion

19 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
20.9 K Views
Topic starter
(@russ2204)
Trusted Member

Right - having spent an hour restoring (!!!) - so there is now way to have the correct number of users then.... as it is based on WP Users. Hmmmm

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: russ2204

i just deleted them - now all my users are gone!!! ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!  I thought it would just delete the members from the forums!

@russ2204,

I've already explained that wpForo users are the same WordPress users, why have you deleted them? wpForo is a WordPress plugin, WordPress users are wpForo users. That doesn't matter what access you give to user. All users are stored in one wp_users table so deleting a one forum user will delete website user.

I don't think this is a nightmare, you just need to understand that you're using WordPress forum plugin not a stand-alone forum software with separate user system.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: russ2204

Right - having spent an hour restoring (!!!) - so there is now way to have the correct number of users then.... as it is based on WP Users. Hmmmm

The number of users is already correct. That's the number of your website users.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

When I was recommending  to delete users, I was talking about users who have nothing to do in your website and forum. I don't recommend delete users who are real users.

Page 4 / 4