Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Users roles & viewing issues

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@amsult)

Hi team. great plugin. Well done.

I am facing two major issues with the wpforo plugin. anyone visits the website  http://bit.ly/2xhVcPV can easily view all the forum, topics and posts. but, when he registered and after that login he will face two major issues:

1. all the forum, topics & posts disappeared and have empty view, but, when he log out every thing come back to be shown.

2. any user registered he is automatically with wpforo admin role instead of role with less capabilities

I tried to fix it with changing some features in the wp members roles and wpforo Forum Accesses, but with no success. if you could help me please. thanks in advance

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi amsult,

This should be checked and fixed through dashboard. Please send admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address.

Topic starter
(@amsult)

hi Robert

i send you the details via mail

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Problems are solved.

Please never delete the main/default Registered usergroup. I don't see why you've removed this usergroup? This is the reason of all your problems. New registered users have no forum Usergroup, thus they have no regular permissions. wpForo 1.4.0 comes with option to set default usergroup (for just registered users). However we've reverted back the registered usergroup from ID16 to ID3 and all users got correct permissions. If you delete any usergroup make sure you've set Default Usergroup:

Topic starter
(@amsult)

Fantastic, thanks Robert for effort and your time