Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] What About A Missing File?

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@gandalf)
Eminent Member

A support representative with my host advised me that the "wpforo_thread_forum_template()" file wasn't there. What is that file for and would it be advisable that I have my website developer reinstall it?  If so, how best would I advise them to do so?

4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

There is no such file in stock wpForo files. Maybe they mean something else.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@gandalf,

Please let me know what error you see. There is no "wpforo_thread_forum_template()" file in wpForo plugin.

Topic starter
(@gandalf)
Eminent Member

Thank you for your reliably awesome help!  Attached is a screen shot of the error message as provided by my host.  Please remove this screen shot from public visibility as it references my website.

I do not know what I am doing and, so, have no idea whether this matter requires corrective action to be taken or can be ignored.  I have a website developer who may be able to make such corrective action as you would advise to do, or I would be willing to engage your Custom Development Team if that would be better.

Thank you, again.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@gandalf ,

This is a function, not a file. The error says either the forum files have not been uploaded completely or the files permissions are set wrongly. The file permissions/owners don't allow to access that files and call the function. This is a very confusing issue and cannot be debugged in support forum. I can only recommend these steps:

1. Deactivate wpForo (don't use the uninstall button), then delete the plugin. Make sure you don't have /wpforo/ folder in /wp-content/plugins/ directory of your server file system. You can use Hosting cPanel > File Manager or FileZilla FTP client to access to your server files.

2. Check the following folder permissions and owners. Make sure the folder and files owner is not the root, make sure folder permissions are 755, file permissions are 644:

• /wp-content/
  • /wp-content/plugins/

3. Make sure your server disk space is not full, and you have some free disk space.

4. Go to Dashboard > Plugins admin page and install wpForo again.

5. Again, use cPanle > File manager or FileZilla FTP client to check the /wpforo/ folder permission in /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Make sure the permission is 755 and the files in the folder have 644 permissions.