Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Wordpress avatars not showing as profile pictures since last update

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 TGW
Topic starter
(@tgw)
Estimable Member

Before the last update, the avatar selected in the wordpress "discussion" settings would be used for the user. For example, the gravatars is what I was using - and what the users were given as profile pictures if they did not select a custom one. 

This is no longer happening, users who do not set a profile picture are simply having a white box displayed as their picture. Those who choose a custom avatar via the forum menu get one, but everyone else has ugly white boxes instead of ugly (but unique) gravatars.

Forum is here:

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/

I am pretty sure this was not the case before the last update - but I may be wrong.

8 Replies
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

You might be right here @tgw. I've just tested on this site -modified my profile, added a avatar based on URL, saved - all good - until you logout and back in again where the image is reset.

EDIT: Just tried again, and now it seems to hold. Strange.

1 Reply
 TGW
(@tgw)

Estimable Member
Posted by: anonymous3542

You might be right here @tgw. I've just tested on this site -modified my profile, added a avatar based on URL, saved - all good - until you logout and back in again where the image is reset.

EDIT: Just tried again, and now it seems to hold. Strange.

@anonymous3542 Indeed your profile picture is showing incorrectly here for me. Picture attached

Wendell
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

Posted by: TGW

@anonymous3542 Indeed your profile picture is showing incorrectly here for me. Picture attached

Ditto. I'm seeing the same thing. I wonder if it is a caching issue.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This is an issue with one of Profile Avatar Type. At the moment we see an issue with URL type of avatars. I recommend use the WordPress and the Custom Uploaded Avatars till next version release.

TGW
Topic starter
(@tgw)
Estimable Member

Any update on if this will be fixed?

Gravatars still just white boxes

Page 1 / 2