Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] wpForo and JustWrite and BuddyPress

26 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@joshfree)
Eminent Member

I have deactivated BuddyPress. Here's a screenshot of what is installed. "Hello Dolly" came with my WP installation but it's not activated.

1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: @joshfree

I have deactivated BuddyPress. Here's a screenshot of what is installed. "Hello Dolly" came with my WP installation but it's not activated.

Hello Dolly comes with Wordpress, it is nothing, deactivate it and delete it.

Topic starter
(@joshfree)
Eminent Member

YES!!! This worked! I removed all the settings you referred to above and deactivated BuddyPress.

Whew! That's great!

THANK YOU!!!

Topic starter
(@joshfree)
Eminent Member

AGH! NO!! It's still broken. I wish I could post mulitiple screenshots it it appears each post can only have one attachment. So I will do them sequentially. This first one shows the plugin states during my last test. ALL are deactivated except wpForo.

1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

AGH! NO!! It's still broken. I wish I could post mulitiple screenshots it it appears each post can only have one attachment. So I will do them sequentially. This first one shows the plugin states during my last test. ALL are deactivated except wpForo.

A lot of plugins after installed gives you those "suggestions" for other plugins to be installed. Use DISMISS and forget about it.

A good practice is NOT to install plugins that you do not need or plugins that you have no idea what they do.

Topic starter
(@joshfree)
Eminent Member

This is an example of three identical emails I received, each with different plugins turned off. All of them were the same.

Topic starter
(@joshfree)
Eminent Member

This illegible mess is what showed up when I registered the new user Lizzybeth. I copied the URL from this and pasted it into a browser to be able to set a password. When I tried logging in using that password, I could not log in. Thinking I may have mistyped it when I registered, I tried to re-set it. That's when I discovered the re-set problem above,.

1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

This illegible mess is what showed up when I registered the new user Lizzybeth. I copied the URL from this and pasted it into a browser to be able to set a password. When I tried logging in using that password, I could not log in. Thinking I may have mistyped it when I registered, I tried to re-set it. That's when I discovered the re-set problem above,.

What email client is that?

Page 2 / 3