Notifications
Clear all

Major Issues And Bugs In The Plugin

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@kelixrr)

Hello, I am not using any conflicting plugins despite this your plugin is not working as intended. There are so many bugs in your plugin that you need to fix as soon as possible: 

1. Major conflict arises when a user tries to migrate from bbpress to this plugin. I lost all the forum data of bbpress despite doing proper migration as mentioned in the documents. 

2. Forums stop rendering in the front end for no reason. I did all the setup and when I checked the front-end I could not see anything so I deleted the plugin and reinstalled it just to find out that all the settings I did earlier were lost and now I had to do it again. This is something problematic as what am I gonna do if this happens when my community grows. There should be an option to backup everything even the setups and designs. The rendering issue is major!!

3. Additionally, some of the settings stop working. Those settings are not getting updated. I tried to change the cover but it did not happen. It was getting back to default settings. Same with custom login and reg. links. They are not getting updated either.

Additional questions I need help with:

1. How can I customize the upper margin of the forum page? top margin is set to a very high value. 

2. How can I integrate the forum search to WordPress default search and the notification bell to top menu bar?

3. The media being upload such as the profile cover is not shown in the global media despite updating the settings. 

4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Hi,

About 1: Nothing to do with the plugin itself. Migrations are handled by an other plugin you used, and the results are not guaranteed. There is a professional migration service at gvectors.com pages.

About 2 & 3: The plugin works great, no such issues reported. Impossible to guess, without a url. Could be caching, could be anything.

And there are no major issues or bugs as your title suggests.

BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)
Contributor

Posted by: @kelixrr

1. How can I customize the upper margin of the forum page? top margin is set to a very high value. 

In wpForo, you can add custom CSS values using the "Custom CSS" field in the settings. Simply input your custom CSS code there and save the changes.

2. How can I integrate the forum search to WordPress default search and the notification bell to top menu bar?

The wpForo forum plugin is not structured as a custom content type, so it is not inherently integrated with WordPress search. The wpForo system operates separately and uses its own database tables. Currently, there is no built-in integration with the WordPress search functionality. If you have specific integration requirements, you may need to consider requesting custom development work to achieve the desired functionality.

3. The media being upload such as the profile cover is not shown in the global media despite updating the settings. 

The wpForo forum plugin is not structured as a custom content type. Therefore, all uploaded media files within wpForo are not treated as WordPress media files. Instead, these files are stored in separate folders within your ./wp-content/uploads/ directory.

So, globally all the points you mentioned are not major issues. Integrations, settings, and additional functionalities are specific, personalized preferences. They are not necessary requirements, and wpForo works well without them. Many users appreciate the plugin as it is.

Topic starter
(@kelixrr)

Hi, thanks for the reply but my issue related to the major concern is still unresolved. I want to know how can I back up all the data without losing it in case something happens with the plugin which I have already explained in the beginning. Also, why am I getting this message from my server provider? Check the image. 

BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)
Contributor

There is only one vulnerably issue with 2.2.5 which is under discussion now, it's considered as vulnerable wrongly and we still wait for confirmation from vulnerability reporters. So in general there is no any high risk vulnerability issue with 2.2.5 version. BUt you can update to the latest version of wpForo 2.2.6 . For backing up you can use a any backup plugin provided in wp.org