Clear all

[Closed] wpForo SEO; Dofollow setting: troubles

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@oleksiitwenty)

Hey there,
I need some links on my forum to be "Dofollow" - from what I understood this can only be done in the "wpForo SEO" setting in the "Allowed dofollow domains"

The problem is that it's quite tricky to do because, for example, I need site.com to be Dofollow -> I insert it into the window - but it doesn't work, the link is still Nofollow. To fix this I needed to add "www." in the settings to make it Dofollow. There were cases when I needed to do the opposite, so just remove "www." for it to work, so it makes very little sense to me.

Could you help me out and tell me how can I insert a website into the settings and be sure that it will be Dofollow?

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @oleksiitwenty

How do you add links? Are you using the link button of post editor, or maybe you just out the URL in the post content?

It should not require adding www. The dofollow setting works for single domain and with domain patterns.

Topic starter
(@oleksiitwenty)

@Robert it differs - sometimes links are added as an anchor to a word and sometimes they're just "naked". 
Anyway, I have a fresh example here - https://radiopartyline.de/community/musik-fuer-partys/hanfoel-schleifen/  
The reply in this thread has an anchor linked to https://www.cbd-vital.at/hanfoel -> I have cbd-vital.at in the list, but the link is still nofollow

Topic starter
(@oleksiitwenty)

@robert the link that I've mentioned in my previous once again became Dofollow only after adding www. to the list in the settings. Do you have any advice how to overcome this? I have several forums and I need the links to be Dofollow for specific websites and it's quite disorienting when I don't know if the new comments will be dofollow even if they should be according to the settings 

Also, you've asked how I add links - does it actually make a difference?