Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] You are posting too quickly Slow down

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@fernandoplanejar)

Hi!

When any user or even the administrator posts a topic or responds, you need to wait many hours to post again.

If someone has to post before waiting for many hours the error message appears:

You are posting too quickly. Slow down.

I'm using Wordpress version 5.2 and the plugin is in version 1.6.1

Thank you!
Fernando

10 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi  @fernandoplanejar,

Please read this support topic:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/youre-posting-too-quickly-slow-down-seriously/

2 Replies
(@dronebot-workshop)

Trusted Member

@sofy

I am having the exact same problem. And I suggest that YOU read the link you provided, clearly, the problem was not resolved in the WordPress forum and there have been several complaints.

This was obviously not resolved in version 1.6.2. Can you update us on the status of this, please?

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: @dronebot-workshop

@sofy

I am having the exact same problem. And I suggest that YOU read the link you provided, clearly, the problem was not resolved in the WordPress forum and there have been several complaints.

This was obviously not resolved in version 1.6.2. Can you update us on the status of this, please?

I do remember you had some date/time issues ? Am i correct ?

Could that be the problem ?

As a moderator to my forums, i post very quickly and i have never seen that or didn't got any related report.

Again, please do not jump to conclusions, i don't mean you do not have the problem or anything. Let's try to find the cause of it.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

@dronebot-workshop Can you replicate that problem in these forums  also ?

(@dronebot-workshop)
Trusted Member

Several of my users are reporting it, I haven't experienced it myself. And, for the record, I believe that resolved those date issues after the last set of posts.

I don't see anything on my server logs that would explain it and I have a pretty fast server - a cloud VPS with dual processors and SSD drives. I don't have any caching on the server, I removed it and just use the WPForo cache. That resolved some earlier issues back when I set up the forum.

And BTW, I would NEVER post here unless I was convinced that an issue exists - if only one member had reported it then I'd assume that it was just an intermittent problem. But I've now had several different members report it to me.

Again, I haven't experienced it myself, with my own forum or this one.  But my members are generally quite technically proficient, after all, it's a forum for people who build robots!

And I had seen the thread on the WordPress forum before I posted here, I usually try and resolve things myself instead of crying "wolf".  If I were a member of the WPForo team I'd be somewhat concerned about the comments that many of the members there were making.

1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

@dronebot-workshop

ok, do those users have something in common ? A special browser or some ad/security blocking addons ? Happens to random users or to specific users ?

Is it for them easy to replicate ? Happens everytime ?

stephy
(@stephy)

I'm also having the same issues and was told that they would be fixed in the last update. They weren't. The posting too quickly issue is a HUGE problem. The timestamps aren't fixed either.

1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: @stephy

I'm also having the same issues and was told that they would be fixed in the last update. They weren't. The posting too quickly issue is a HUGE problem. The timestamps aren't fixed either.

What "timestamps" ?

Please understand that this problem(s) don't happen to the majority of webmasters that use wpForo.

They are system-specific.

Page 1 / 2