wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Adding content at the top of a Forum and Subforum Pages

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
GreenAppleMD
Topic starter
(@greenapplemd)
Eminent Member

The GreenApple.md hierarchy is set up as Category -> Forum -> Subforum -> Topic (so just one category for the entire site, divided into 7 main forums, and then subforums underneath each forum).

The URL for the top of our discussion board is greenapple.md/community/ and then for the main forums, greenapple.md/community/product-reviews/, greenapple.md/community/pets-cannabis/ , ...etc. Last bit of info before the question, our sub-forums don't keep their parent forum in the url, example in the pet forum for cats, greenapple.md/community/cats/

The question is, how can I add content to the top of each different Forum and Subforum, describing in more detail what each is about?  I see how I can add it to /community and every page is the same, but how do I modify the top part of pages like community/cats?

(attached examples)

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm really sorry but there is no way to add it in URL. wpForo topic URLs only include the last Forum/SubForum slug. You should change subForum URLs with parent forum prefix, this is the only workaround at the moment.You can change forum slugs (URL path) in Edit forum page, more info here:

https://wpforo.com/docs/root/categories-and-forums/forum-manager/add-new-forum/#forum-slug

We'll add this in our to-do and make it available in future releases.

(@donniebgm)

I'm also looking for a way to add content either above or below my forum pages. 

(@teresa15)

I have the same issue. I even tried installing the toolbox first, but it didn’t work. Did you happen to resolve this?