Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Remove font-awesome icons

9 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@horvatt)

Dear Support, it might be strange, but I do not want to use FA icons in the forum. Right now, I was able to turn them off by entering an invalid class, as simply deleting the class from the textbox makes the plugin reenter the comments FA icon. How could I disable FA completely? Thanks, horvatt

8 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @horvatt,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page, disable the wpForo Font-Awesome Lib. 

(@illinipulse)
Eminent Member

Found this thread helpful @sofy

After removing the icon, how can the column title "Forum" be removed?  I can remove the dotted circle with CSS so that's not an issue.

It seems unnecessary to have a column that is blank but still has a column title.

Image attached.

Thanks! 

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@illinipulse,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page, put the following CSS code in "Custom CSS Code" textarea, save it, delete all caches and check again:

.wpf-thread-box.wpf-thread-forum, .wpf-head-box.wpf-thead-forum {
display: none;
}

Don't forget to press Ctrl+F5 (twice) on the forum frontend before checking to reload the updated CSS file.   

(@illinipulse)
Eminent Member

I should have mentioned I am using Threaded Layout.

(@illinipulse)
Eminent Member

Thanks @sofy.  So to completely remove the icon area below it?  Using display: none?  Could you show me the CSS for that?  exactly what classes?

Page 1 / 2