Ready to migrate fr...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Ready to migrate from simplepress - large discrepancy in # posts / topics

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I spent a lot of time culling the content of my simplepress forum ahead of migrating it.  The lower (by 2/3) counts shown in simplepress but when I went to use the tool, the topics and posts to be migrated were triple what they should be.   Does anyone know how to dump the trash, so to speak?

Thanks

1 Answer

Hi @eel,

The lower (by 2/3) counts shown in simplepress but when I went to use the tool, the topics and posts to be migrated were triple what they should be.   Does anyone know how to dump the trash, so to speak?

As far as we understand you use MIGRATE TO WPFORO tool? If yes then please migrate the forum. After that, you will delete the unnecessary topics and posts.

IMPORTANT: You should backup your DB tables using the WordPress Database Backup Plugin before do any changes. 

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

eel Topic starter 05/08/2020 2:06 pm

@alvina Yes, I'll be using the tool, but I have just invested a lot of time - weeks - culling the content. I'm not sure how difficult this might be to do with wpforo, but were talking about importing 180K posts as opposed to 60K.

I am using autofill paths on the tool. Could it be pulling posts from more than one place? Like an old database for example?

Thanks!

Alvina Alvina 06/08/2020 12:49 pm

@eel,

I'm not sure how difficult this might be to do with wpforo, but were talking about importing 180K posts as opposed to 60K.

Once you start using this tool, please do the migration in the localhost, and make sure the upload_max_filesize and the  post_max_size are the larger.

Also please note Forum to Forum migration is a large project. We’re sorry but we cannot support issues arisen during your forum migration. We only support questions related how to use and configure this tool in wpForo support forum. We don’t support the result of migration. This kind of large work is out of our support. In case the migration result of this tool doesn’t satisfy you, you should contact professional forum migration services for custom migration. We only recommend gConverter or ProfProjects services for such projects. They have already done hundreds of forums to wpForo migration projects with the best result.