From Anspress to wp...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] From Anspress to wpForo

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

In fact, it's not a very smart decision to make such a convertion. Some addons are already free for anspress, like embedding media, blog cross posting and private messaging can be there by buddypress integration.

Still I liked and wanna try wpForo, because it's fast enough and I want to add some forum for general talking. Just want to expand my site for more. Hence, I got my back up and tried.

Membership and post conversion was successfull. But I lose private questions. Not a problem to me, I don't make a request about that. All the questions went to a forum named anspress-forum and the url is like that; ..../anspress-forum/the-question-name/

I just tried to make it like /questions/the-question-name/ but can't change that. Now, that's a problem to me 🙂 Plus, I have 5 different categories for the questions and I wish to have 5 different q&a forums to fill. If I want it, I have to make those forums and move the all old questions one by one. I got almost 4500 questions. You guess how I feel about it.

In addition, I see view counts are resetting. It's 0 for all questions. Solved questions were not ok too. I have to select all the right answers to fix it. I don't know it's maybe because of anspress itself, because I see it shows me solved questions as unsolved after a couple of months later. One of the reasons I wanted to give up it.

That's all as I can see. Thank you for your time. I'll be glad, if you can consider some of them.

2 Answers

Hi spider,

The Anspress to wpForo  migration tool may miss the private topics and some statistic data (number of votes and solved status). We'll test in and fix all issues as soon as possible.

Regarding to URLs and paths.

Please note, if you want to use /questions/ path you should disable Anspress, it'll conflict with wpForo in this case. Make sure you don't have other pages with questions slug. Edit the wpForo forum page and change the slug to /questions/ (the wpforo page contains [wpforo] shortcode). Then navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings admin page and change the Forum Base URL to /questions/

Then edit each forum and change forum slugs to whatever you want. here is the instruction:

https://wpforo.com/docs/root/categories-and-forums/forum-manager/add-new-forum/#forum-slug

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Topic starter

Thank you. I totally missed that slug button.