[Closed] wpForo 1.6.1 is released!
We just released wpForo 1.6.1 "bug-fix version".
Note: After the update please delete all caches and do Ctrl+F5 on forum front.
wpForo 1.6.1 has been released to fix some bugs and to improve some of existing features.
You can find wpForo 1.6.0 version summery (released a few day ago) here:
Important notes if you update from 1.6.0 version
- Forum template files are modified. If you have an old customized copies of forum template files in your WP theme /wpforo/ folder please update them.
- To load your customized colors please refresh (press Ctrl+F5) forum front-end page twice.
- If you have a Cache Plugin, please delete all caches after wpForo update.
- If you use CDN and found some issue please purge it.
Important update notes from 1.5.x versions
- This version brings dozens of new features, therefore there are some changes in database. If your forum has less than 100K posts it'll update all changes in database during the plugin update process, if your forum has more than 100K posts you'll get a Dashboard Message with further instruction. Please follow them to complete this middle version update.
- If you have Advanced Attachments and Ads Manager addons installed please update those once the wpForo is updated.
- Added: Ordering of Threaded Layout forum list based on forum order in dashboard
- Added: Option to control thread replies depth (set 0 to disable reply nesting)
- Added: Option to disable reply button of first post in Threaded layout
- Added: Post liked users information under each reply in Threaded layout
- Added: Separator between first posts and replies of Threaded Layout topic
- Added: Breadcrumb SEO optimization with BreadcrumbList schema.
- Added: Automatic redirection to correct topic page if pagination rule is changed
- Fixed Bug: Unread forums and topics bold titles for Threaded Layout
- Fixed Bug: Widget "Display Avatar" option disabling problem
- Fixed Bug: Widget Recent Posts ordering issue
- Fixed Bug: reCAPTCHA style issues
- Fixed Bug: Wrong counting new users posts
- Fixed Bug: Localhost problems, especially on WAMP servers
- Fixed Bug: Reply editor, line-break, spellchecker, color and other issues
- Fixed Bug: Problems splitting and merging Threaded Layout topics
- Fixed Bug: Posts become unapproved, settings control issues.
- Fixed Bug: Many CSS issues and small bugs
After this update, under Tools, Anti Spam, the New Registered User - User is New (under hard spam control) has turned itself off. This needs to be manually set again after the update.
We have checked this and din't found such problem. Maybe you got some problems during the updates. I don't think this is a general issue.
My prayer for you and your team is that you get more 5 star honest and truthful reviews from the 20,000+ active installations (per Wordpress count / records) of people who continue to benefit from your years of hard work & ongoing improvement efforts. May the current 5922 Members of this wpForo community of Forum Admins remember that - oops, they haven't given you a 5 star review yet - and decide to give you the credit and recognition that you and your team deserve - 5 star reviews! Amen. FOR REAL! The 172 reviews out of 20,000 people (as of 3/11/2019) does not quite add up. You deserve more. (And the signature says it! Maybe we come up with a contest, add your review #___ to your signature! Thank you for this update! 🙂
Confirmed. The recent posts sidebar widget is not respecting the permission set.
You can of course filter out the restricted access forums in the widget settings as temporary relief.
If auto filter by current forum is selected in the widget settings the permission set is not respected.