14 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: Wendell

I realize some of these issues aren't wpForo's problem, but I guess I'm just hoping to make it all work. 🙂

I'm sorry but we can't fix BuddyPress issues, you should contact to BuddyPress support team and ask them to check this problem.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi kevlew,

Please find my answers below:

I have also noticed these issues described above.

The only issue, which has been described above and related to wpForo is attachment shortcode in activity content. This is already fixed in next version.

1. We see that posts are populating in buddypress. However when we reply it does not post in wpforo back. Is this unintended?

Please note, that BuddyPress profile activity is not a copy of Forum Topic. And the activity comment has no any relation to topic replies. BuddyPress profile activity is an Event and the activity comment is a reaction to this Event. These are totally different activity content types, activity comment is not a regular activity to integrate. It's stored as a different type with different logic in database.

For example “John just liked X forum post”, this is an activity (event). And in activity page people can comment and say “that’s great!”. How this comment can be compared with forum reply? The "like" is an Event. The same with New topics and New post events. Activity comment is not comparable with topic reply. These are totally different content types with different purposes.

Yes I understand that people want as much features as possible, nobody will refuse this feature (it's always good to have as much as possible). But some features have lots of conflicts with core working logic and make lots of problems from development point of view. This one is also out of the development and integration logic.

Even bbPress doesn't do this. They don't display the [comment] button to avoid getting such questions and requests for activity comment to reply converting feature. Probably we'll also disable the [comment] button  for forum activities in future releases.

2. We have forums that are hidden/private that are actually posting for all to see in buddypress. Is there a way to not post to buddypress based on forum access rule?

This is already fixed in next version.

Page 3 / 3