Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Facebook ID login - "I allow to create an account and send confirmation email." must be actively ticked now

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@edwinatgideon)
Eminent Member

Hi all / support,

Facebook ID login - "I allow to create an account and send confirmation email." must be actively ticked now. But it seems not intuitively clear to a regular user to tick that box, before the Facebook Login button is turned on (darkened instead of in greyed / light blue colour before the box is checked.)

Suggestions -

Either 1 or 2 or both 1 and 2:

1. Since Facebook login is obviously for creating an account, and there's obviously no need to send a confirmation email for Facebook login, why not let the Facebook ID button be turned on by default?

2. Have the "I allow to create ..." checkbox be checked (ticked) by default, although admittedly there may be privacy regulatory issues in some jurisdiction (opt-in vs opt-out marketing/privacy laws.)

See the attached image.

Thanks!

Ed

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Topic starter
(@edwinatgideon)
Eminent Member

Subscribe.

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@edwinatgideon,

2. Have the "I allow to create ..." checkbox be checked (ticked) by default, although admittedly there may be privacy regulatory issues in some jurisdiction (opt-in vs opt-out marketing/privacy laws.)

We're really sorry, but we cannot provide a solution for this case. It doesn't comply GDPR.

You can simply disable the "Checkbox: I Agree to Receive an Email Confirmation" option. More info here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/gdpr/right-to-be-informed/

Topic starter
(@edwinatgideon)
Eminent Member

Turns out, simply disabling this button did the trick for our needs:

Forums > Tools > Privacy & Rules > 

Checkbox: I Agree to create a forum account on Facebook Login

Cheers!

Ed