Clear all

[Solved] Iframe

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 Amir
Topic starter
(@amir)

Hello, for over two years I ran a mathematics website based on BBPress. Recently, I decided to move to wpForo as I was tired of unlimited addons needed for BBPress to work properly. I moved and then realized that one of the most important forums of our community became practically  useless as all the questions and answer there were based on the use of Iframe to show mathematical interactive graph. As I had already moved to wpForo, I kept it for all the groups but the aforementioned one, for which I gave a separate link to its BBPress version! Silly I know, but I couldn't find any way better. Is there anything better that I can do? 

Topic Tags
4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @amir,

yes, we've removed iframe tag from post content by default, as this is an insecure tag.

However, you can easily add it, just navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Tools admin page, and in Antispam tab find the option to enable extra HTML tags. Put this in the textarea:

iframe(src width height),

3 Replies
 Amir
(@amir)

@sofy

Dear Sofy, many thanks for the quick reply. I tried it. Two things happened. The spoiler TinyMCE disappeared, and more importantly, it didn't work. I would be happy with the disappearance of the spoiler if the iframe works.  

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@amir,

The spoiler TinyMCE disappeared

The spoiler button doesn't have any relation to this. Probably you've used some CSS code that hides it?  

more importantly, it didn't work

Are you clicking the source ( {:} )  button before passing the code? 

Google Maps Embed in wpForo Embeds addon

Amir
(@amir)

@sofy

The spoiler button doesn't have any relation to this.

Yes, it was from my side. 

Are you clicking the source ( {:} )  button before passing the code? 

No 🙂 When I did it worked thought It needed a twist. Previously, I was using the plugin Iframe for which I had to use the structure [....]. Following your example, I learned that now I have to use the structure <...></iframe> instead. 

Many thanks. Solved 🙂