[Closed] diskuse.bozpforum.cz

4 Posts
3 Users
6 Likes
Vít Hofman
(@vit-hofman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I created my forum some time ago. It was launched about a year and a half ago. Since then, I have been constantly improving it. It is a professional forum focused on security. I will be glad if you take a look at diskuse.bozpforum.cz
Currently has 418 users, 1132 responses, 266 topics.
The forum belongs to the online magazine bozpforum.cz.

I would like to ask. Do you still believe in online discussion forums today? Or are they really "OUT"?

How do you promote your forums? What worked best for you?
Do you also use paid advertising? What a.

Thanks for the discussion and any good suggestion.

If we do only what we can to do, we would never do anything.

Posted : 04/09/2020 8:05 am
Martin and Robert reacted
(@martin)
Support Team Moderator

Thank you for sharing @vit-hofman,

Very nice forum! All is clean and well organized.

Posted by: @vit-hofman

I would like to ask. Do you still believe in online discussion forums today? Or are they really "OUT"?

Currently, forums are used for many reasons. The problem is, it is extremely hard to get a forum going these days. All forum administrators have to ask one question to their selves: Why should anyone visit your place and keep coming back?

You need to offer something valuable which other sites can't do. People won't come to your forum to rant, chit-chat, bond, socialize. They will come for a specific reason. You need to offer something valuable which they cannot find elsewhere and in your case you would be competing against Youtube (tutorials), Facebook/Twitter/Instagram (socializing, display of art) and other giants.

So if you can use these giants to bring traffic then it's perfect. Your forum will grow. The forum is a good "product", it generates unique content in search engines for you and increase the traffic. People love to see others discussions in a website, it brings trust and engagement. But the start is always hard, sometimes you need to spend 1-2 years to get the result you want.