[Closed] Here's my World Predictions Forum & a question

5 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

here's my forum: https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/

The month I launched, my website traffic increased fourfold. I am not very tech savvy, and have found wpforo to be user friendly and this support to be excellent. 

But now I need to open a separate category for users who come to my classes that no other users can post in, but that all users can read. I don't know how keep it separate from the rest of the forum so only my students can post there. I suppose it has to be a totally separate forum? If so, how to do that?

Posted : 09/08/2020 12:58 pm
fawp reacted
adisaputro
(@adisaputro)
Estimable Member

Nice website and forum, looks like a busy forum 🙂 

Posted : 10/08/2020 3:22 am
Alvina
(@alvina)
Member Moderator

Hi @jeanne,

But now I need to open a separate category for users who come to my classes that no other users can post in, but that all users can read. I don't know how keep it separate from the rest of the forum so only my students can post there. I suppose it has to be a totally separate forum? If so, how to do that?

wpForo forums have permission settings in the Edit Forum screen. Edit the forum and use these settings to control Usergroup accesses and privileges in that forum. Each Usergroup has some Forum Access set in each forum. For example, The Registered Usergroup ( Subscriber User Role) has Standard Forum Access by default in all forums.

For example, if you don't want users with Registered Usergroup to open new topics in some forum, you should edit that forum and set Read-Only forum access to the Registered usergroup that forum. Then navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click on [Delete all caches] button.

Also please read this FAQ topic to get more  info about wpForo Usergroups, Forum Accesses and WordPress User Roles: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 10/08/2020 12:37 pm
jeanne reacted
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

@adisaputro. Thank you for your comment.  It is pretty busy! 

Posted : 13/08/2020 2:35 am
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

@alvina I've read the information on permissions and it looks like it is not possible, but please correct me if I am wrong, to create a special group of subscribers within the overall parent forum who can post in a child forum of that parent forum, while other subscribers of the parent form can only read the child forum but not post in it.  Is that correct? Perhaps I should raise this question in a different topic.

Posted : 13/08/2020 5:49 pm