Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Have I set it up wrong for SEO?

7 Posts
6 Users
1 Reactions
AlexanderLC
(@alexanderlc)

Hi Blade,

Have you checked if your robots.txt is blocking the search engines? You can insert your domain and type /robots.txt after to check. 

If you haven't created a robots.txt for your domain, I would strongly recommend it. Remember to insert your sitemap URL in your robots.txt also.

To give you an example of how to set up your robots.txt correctly, this is how you do it: https://excelerate.dk/robots.txt
You can find plugins to help you with this, e.g. Yoast.

I would also suggest that you add an SEO plugin to your WordPress site to help you with the basics. For example, all-in-one SEO, Yoast SEO, RankMath, or something else. It can help you with better indexing.

Another thing I would recommend is to download the plugin IndexNow.

With this plugin, you can submit URLs from your WordPress site to multiple search engines without the need to register and verify your site with them.

Also - once installed - you can set the plugin up to automatically generate and host the API key on your site --> enabling faster indexing.

Also, I'd recommend you start building some backlinks. That can help you increase your domain authority, rank better, and index your site more quickly.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Alexander from Excelerate

joel
(@joel-2)
Eminent Member

If you have a forum and a blog together you need to add both sitemaps to Google so they will be indexed.

Page 2 / 2