[Closed] AMP Support

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 TGW
Topic starter
(@tgw)
Estimable Member

Although the forum is friendly and fast on mobile, Google search results prioritize AMP pages at the top. For my website, jumping up these spaces in mobile search results could multiple my views by factors of 10 or more. Mobile searchers are also far more likely to click on AMP websites. In my experience almost 50% of web traffic at this point is mobile, and missing out on this potential user spike is troublesome. 

Google's advertising platform has also suggested a move to AMP for ads served specifically on that service. 

Wpforo does not work with any AMP plugin - blank pages are all that show up. Does this have to be corrected in some way on my end, or is this something that needs to be done by the WpForo team? 

Thanks

Topic Tags
6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @tgw,

wpForo forums, topics and posts are not WordPress custom post types so WordPress AMP plugins can't find the content. wpForo doesn't use WordPress wp_posts table and doesn't overload WP database like other forum plugins. We're planning to create built-in AMP solution for wpForo. This will be available in near future releases, probebly in 1.5.x version.

TGW
Topic starter
(@tgw)
Estimable Member
Posted by: Robert

Hi @tgw,

wpForo forums, topics and posts are not WordPress custom post types so WordPress AMP plugins can't find the content. wpForo doesn't use WordPress wp_posts table and doesn't overload WP database like other forum plugins. We're planning to create built-in AMP solution for wpForo. This will be available in near future releases, probebly in 1.5.x version.

Tremendously appreciated, thank you 

TGW
Topic starter
(@tgw)
Estimable Member

Dropping in 2 years later to say that this would still be good to implement. AMP isn't going anywhere, and it's important to be able to use it with the forum

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @tgw,

About one year ago we noticed that the Better AMP - WordPress Complete AMP plugin has been integrated with wpForo and it supports wpForo AMP.  Have you tried this plugin?

TGW
(@tgw)

Estimable Member
Posted by: @robert

Hi @tgw,

About one year ago we noticed that the Better AMP - WordPress Complete AMP plugin has been integrated with wpForo and it supports wpForo AMP.  Have you tried this plugin?

Unfortunately "This plugin has been closed as of March 10, 2020 and is not available for download. Reason: Guideline Violation."

https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-amp/

(@martin)

Support Team

@tgw,

That's pity...

Ok, then I'd recommend ask these two plugins to make their plugin compatible with wpForo. I think they are good in AMP system, so they could do that very easy:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/amp/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/accelerated-mobile-pages