[Closed] Questions About Switching From BBpress

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@erich199)
Eminent Member

Hello,

I am currently using BBpress and I am interested in making a switch due to some features in wpforo.

I wanted to ask you about some customization I am currently using. 

1.) My site uses Gravity Forms and I have a custom function that tells bbpress to create a topic in a specific forum. Since BBpress uses post types "Forums" I am able to do this. Is this same thing possible with Wpforo?

2.) Are topic prefixes and canned replies available?

3.) Does Wpforo integrate with Buddypress? If so, does it do the typical profile replacement, activity stream udpates etc?

4.) Is it possible to have moderators on a per forum basis? If I needed a "regular user" to have standard permissions across the forum, but he would be a moderator only in a specific forum.

Thanks for taking the time to write a reply. Looking forward to the response.

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @erich199,

Please see my answers below:

1.) My site uses Gravity Forms and I have a custom function that tells bbpress to create a topic in a specific forum. Since BBpress uses post types "Forums" I am able to do this. Is this same thing possible with Wpforo?

This is not possible with wpForo

2.) Are topic prefixes and canned replies available?

Not yet. This is planned with 1.5.x versions.

3.) Does Wpforo integrate with Buddypress? If so, does it do the typical profile replacement, activity stream udpates etc?

Yes, it's integrated with BudddyPress activity, but you can't replace wpForo Profile with BuddyPress profile. wpForo adds a button on forum profile page to navigate to Website Profile page. Here are some tips how to use wpForo with BuddyPress:

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/how-to-properly-use-wpforo-with-buffypress/#post-8223

4.) Is it possible to have moderators on a per forum basis? If I needed a "regular user" to have standard permissions across the forum, but he would be a moderator only in a specific forum.

You can create different Moderator Usergroups and set them different Forum Accesses for each forum.

2 Replies
(@erich199)

Eminent Member

Hi @robert,

Thanks for the reply.

This is not possible with wpForo

Not possible in what way? Since WPForo doesn’t use post types or taxonomy - basically it has its own tables I understand my current custom code won’t work. I totally understand it isn’t something that is officially supported but I’m not understanding how it can’t be coded or I’m misunderstanding the answer. 

Thanks again. I really do like your plugin and I am looking highly into making a move. Since you plan on adding canned replies and prefixes this almost seals my decision. Also, after installing it on my dev site I’m not even interested in Buddypress at this point. It’s overly bloated anyways. The speed of WPForo vs customized Bbpress to add the same features as you get “out of the box” with WPForo is night and day. 

(@daniellerch)

@erich199, did you ever find a way to do this? I'd also like to find a way to let users post to WPForo using forms embedded elsewhere on our site. Thanks!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm sorry but I can't say more. I don't familiar with Gravity Forms and i only know that wpForo doesn't have any option to make those working together. Maybe it's too easy to make they work together, but I have no clue.

Topic starter
(@erich199)
Eminent Member

Hi @robert,

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.