Clear all

[Solved] Another Dodgy Update!!!

26 Posts
5 Users
12 Likes
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

This ain't right man!! I knew I shouldn't have downloaded the new update! Terrible work!!! This is shocking

I launched a competition, to bring in new members to my site on the 1st of september, the same day you sent out your update.

Now, new members are not being signed up, and not able to comment!!! This has made my site look like amateurs, art the worst possible time!! 

I have lost out on many new members, these guys won't be back!!

Do you not check these thing before they go out? This has had a massively detrimental effect on the future membership of my site! 

At Least ten people have signed up today hoping to play in this competition, and have messaged me asking why they can't find a place to comment and i had no idea w*f they were on about..... you realise how stupid i look now? 

This could affect future sponsorship i have with the company that gave me the prizes for this comp too!!!!!

Unbelievable,  this isn't just a small mess up, this is huge, and you guys should be fixing it, instead we wait around for ours for a reply on some idea of when the forums will be working properly again!!  

Im so angry!! I will not be recommending this software to any one again after this! And im taking the show wpforo info off my footer!!!! I'm not advertising this on my website. 

Just when everything starts to go smoothly, somebody else unable to their job properly comes along and ruins everything!!! thanks Wpforo!! Thanks, biggest opportunity for me to bring in new members and you do this to me. Unreal

25 Replies
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

17 new members who have signed up for a competition they cant enter. 

I hate to go on about it again, but you need to see the effect not checking your software properly has on your customers! 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @percysgrowroom,

We apologies for any inconvenience caused by the new member registration problem. We just released an urgent version, please update your forum to 1.6.4. Then execute this SQL in Hosting cPanle> phpMyAdmin Database Manager to activate those users who were registered last two days:

UPDATE `wp_wpforo_profiles` SET `status` = 'active' WHERE `status` = 'inactive'

Make sure the table prefix is correct "wp_", if not, just change it to yours.

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

I need more help to fix this, i dont know where to find that in my phpadmin

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

The members are now on my list, i haven't executed anything in mysql so not sure if it all working properly. 

19 people signed up during this farce, im going to have to email them all and apologize explaining what happened! Maybe they will come back, but probably not, its hard to get people to join forums nowadays. Maybe they will think this was all  just a con to get new members to sign up with no chance of winning anything in the comp. Really makes my site look like it's run by amateurs. 

Hopefully they will come back and see it wasn't my fault but my developers.

Sorry isn't good enough man, this should never have happened. You need to do more in the future to make sure this doesn't happen again, test your updates properly before releasing them! 

Next time there is an update, ill be waiting a few days before downloading it to make sure it been checked! This was a terrible experience!Now I have to spend the day trying to fix these problems you caused, and I have many more important things to be doing. 

This isn't even worth it either!! What is in the new update does nothing really! Auto save on posts that most people will write in 20 seconds? 

We have been asking for notifications for a long time, and we see " its coming in a future update" over and over again, are we actually going to get them? or expected to keep waiting whilst we get spoon fed broken updates with no real changes that do anything? 

I'm not a free user of this software, I have paid for the premium version, with all of the add ons. I expect better than this. Wpforo is the best forum software for sure, there is no denying that, so I want to keep using it, but things like this happening really makes me question if its a good idea staying with this software!

Page 1 / 3