[Closed] Forgotten password link not included in e-mail

17 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
20.7 K Views
Topic starter
(@cmw14)
Estimable Member

This morning when trying to login to the wpForo support forum, I realised I had forgotten my password. I used the "Lost password Link" on the login page, entered my e-mail address and awaited the e-mail.

The e-mail arrived but it does not contain the link to initiate password change. Below is the content of the e-mail, as you can see no link included.  Thankfully I had written it down and managed to get logged in. Not sure if this is related to the 1.4.8 update or was a pre-existing fault with your forum. 

Hello!
You asked us to reset your password for your account using the email address cmw14.
If this was a mistake, or you didn\'t ask for a password reset, just ignore this email and nothing will happen.
To reset your password, visit the following address:

Thanks!

16 Replies
VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

Same here

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

Is there a fix for this? WPforo lost password emails are being sent without the reset link. 

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Please make sure your email template contains the following shortcode  [reset_password_url], and it must be written the same as I provided. 

This email template ("Reset Password message body") located in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Emails admin page.

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

It does. Still no link in the email since the update.

Page 1 / 4