Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Forum topics to replace wp comments?

4 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Teratoma
Topic starter
(@teratoma)
Eminent Member

I migrated from BBpress and I'm not sure if it was also through an additional plugin, but I used to be able to make a regular blog post - which would create a topic in the forum for it automatically.

It's the only thing I miss. It made the blog and forum work in tandem to produce varying blends of content and discussion.

I'd love to see this implemented in a way that would actually embed a post's topic thread into the blog post/page itself.

It's easy enough to do manually in the meantime, but I wonder if others would find it useful.

PS: wpForo really raises the bar! I've been frustrated with bbPress and several others. In just one night wpForo made everything look and feel almost perfect! I can't wait to see how this develops.

3 Replies
OMTesla
(@omtesla)

I remember such plugin and as you may know it was made not by bbpress developers maybe someone later will make such for wpForo because this plugin is new.

And i agree wpForo is a great plugin it replaced bbpress and buddypress and allot of other related plugin after i removed them my site have speed up which is great improvement.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you guys!

Teratoma, this is a very good idea, I think it's a bit early for wpForo. Currently we have other, some urgent things to do now, but we'll add this in out to-do for sure.

Teratoma
Topic starter
(@teratoma)
Eminent Member

Thanks for the reply! I understand you guys must have a lot on your plate right now. I saw the wpDiscuz plugin so I figured it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

I understand that more shortcodes are coming soon? If I could start a thread for each blog post, then embed the thread via shortcode I'd be halfway there. Of course if it happened automatically or by just ticking a box in the post editor it would be awesome.

I'll do manual links while I wait patiently for more features.

Cheers!