Clear all

[Closed] How is it going with 2.0?

25 Posts
7 Users
18 Likes
adisaputro
(@adisaputro)
Estimable Member

I'm still using wpForo 1.9.9.2 version...waiting for Google release they 'Helpful Content Update' algoritm.

6 Replies
(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@adisaputro why are you waiting for this?

adisaputro
(@adisaputro)

Estimable Member

@percysgrowroom Because 70% of my traffic is come from Google, I won't ruin everything. I think Google has been released they new algoritm but I need to wait in 2 weeks until its settle.

I still testing 2.0.6 version on my secondary site. When the times come, I will update the main site.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@adisaputro What I mean is how do you know it is going to make a difference?

adisaputro
(@adisaputro)

Estimable Member

@percysgrowroom Because if the new wpforo still containing bugs, it will make negative impact on the SEO aspect and will affect ranking on SERP

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@adisaputro Cool man thanks for the info. I dont think i have ever seen one of my forum post in google ranking, only front end posts. Do you have any advice on how to improve the SEO of the wpforo software on my forum?

adisaputro
(@adisaputro)

Estimable Member

@percysgrowroom I'm not using any plugins for SEO purposed, just pure wpForo.

I am from Indonesia and my forum is about how to help students to solve their math homework.

I think page speed of website or forum does affect SEO and reducing bounce rate so that can improve ranking on google.

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Posted by: @adisaputro

I think page speed of website or forum does affect SEO and reducing bounce rate so that can improve ranking on google.

Yes i think youre right about that mate πŸ™‚ Page speed is an important factor for sureΒ 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Just work to get good content in your forums and site and also VOTES for it (backlinks).

Basic SEO is ok, the SEO hype is just a myth. Tones of badly designed and slow sites, with backlinks and content that rank top.

Do not spend your time with SEO. Focus on content for USERS. Sites/forums are for Users and not for Google.

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

So i think im going ot do the update to my site over the next couple of days and making a back up now..... what do you think @dimalifragis, you think ill be ok?

Β 

4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@percysgrowroom Thanks for the "authority" but i can't answer that for someone else.

If you have full and working backup (or two), then you could try.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@dimalifragis that doesnt fill me with confidence bro πŸ˜‰ lol

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @percysgrowroom

@dimalifragis that doesnt fill me with confidence bro πŸ˜‰ lol

Sorry about that. It is ... just ... that you have a big site, a lot of plugins and the possibility that something could go south ... is increased.

But i'm sure wpForo support guys will definitely help you out, IF this is the case.

For ME (JUST ME) wpForo 2 is definitely ok to update and great to have.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@dimalifragis thanks for your time and input mate, it is always appreciated!

Page 2 / 2