9 Posts
2 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

I would have replied to this thread but it is closed:

https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-9-9-is-released/

Whats is going on? Do we have any idea of an ETA yet??

I have been running the old version of Wpforro for four months now! I cant upgrade to the new version because it breaks my site. My add on plug ins are all becoming outdated and i cant upgrade those either. 

Can we either get the current version fixed so i can run on an up to date version of the forum, or can we get the new release sorted soon?

Kind of sick of waiting now, its been four months

Topic Tags
8 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

Your wpForo version is not old, it's a few minor version less than the current versions. So there is no any middle or major changes that you don't have. The addons have not been changed so much as well. So just don't worry, there is no any critical issues with the versions you use.

BTW, again I'd ask you to export the wp_wpforo_forums table and send it to support@gvectors.com email address. We think something is wrong with that table and the problem maker was that table.

Regarding the wpForo v2.0

The main changes of the plugin are finished we're currently working on the new small features and on the new layouts. I cannot provide more information in details yet. The addons like chat and others will come later than v2.0. Because almost all developers are currently focused on the wpForo v2.0 core development. I have no eta yet, but we're doing our best to release the first version of the second major release as soon as possible.

2 Replies
(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert I did send the tables mate, and i kept being told its something else causing the issue, not wpforro, then I would go to my host and they would say it was wpforo tables, then id come ere and you would say it was the host. 

After a while i reverted back to the previous version and th issues stopped. I think the problem is something to do with the new version of wpforo, not my tables as they are all working fine now

Everything works fine on the older version, but if i update it breaks. Which tells me the issue is with the plug in and not my tables? 

Id rather just leave it as it is to prevent any more confusion on both sides! But I am eagerly waiting for then next version of the plugin 🙂 Hope these problems will be fixed then

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: @percysgrowroom

@robert I did send the tables mate, and i kept being told its something else causing the issue, not wpforro,

Yes, I remember, but now we have more details and would like to make sure your case is not the one we suspect. So, it would be good to have the copy of the _wpforo_forums table. We're going to check the forumid and parenid of each row and make sure there is no a row where the forumid is equal to parenid, this will cause an unlimited loop and stack the memory. 

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Posted by: @robert

We're going to check the forumid and parenid of each row and make sure there is no a row where the forumid is equal to parenid, this will cause an unlimited loop and stack the memory. 

Sounds like that could be the cause for sure

I am pretty sure i already sent you guys the tables though> Maybe you still have them? If not ill have to download them again 

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom ,

We've searched it before asking you. Please send it again if you can find in emails or in the forum. If you cannot find, then I'd ask you to export it directly for the database.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert Hi mate, just wondering how things are looking for the 2.0 version 🙂 Any idea of ETA?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @percysgrowroom,
I'm sorry, but I don't have any ETA yet. I can only say about the 80% of the work is already done.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert Can we get some kind of idea of what new features we will have after the update?