Clear all

[Closed] Idea Suggestions for Next Update

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@piratesjv)

WpForo

Firstly, Id like to truly commend you all on the development of great forum plugin!  We had been looking and experimenting with various ones for several months but yours definately takes the cake. In our eyes its got many of the best features of different plugs all wrapped into one!

I also have a few suggestions for future update that may improve the functionality and user satisfaction as well:

• enable easy customization of search bar in the menu (mine is currently a weird white box)
  • enable threaded replies (I believe I read in a separate topic this is under development already)
  • Create an option to import member user data into the member search component.  We have a 500 member organization; it would be nice to be able to use this feature to search for each other based on location, facility, name, email, etc.
  • Improve styling options. The styling page is nice with the different light, dark, grey themes, however, if there was documentation for the styling number options on the left (specifically what it controls) that would be helpful. 

Thanks again for the great work on this plugin! 

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you very much piratesjv,

Please find my answers below:

• enable easy customization of search bar in the menu (mine is currently a weird white box)

This may be a theme conflict. What day you mean saying "customization"? Are you talking about color and styles?

• enable threaded replies (I believe I read in a separate topic this is under development already)

Yes, this will be available as #4 layout in Classic theme next month.

• Create an option to import member user data into the member search component.  We have a 500 member organization; it would be nice to be able to use this feature to search for each other based on location, facility, name, email, etc.

This requires User Profile custom fields. Profile custom fields will be available as an Addon. This will also include search by member custom fields.

• Improve styling options. The styling page is nice with the different light, dark, grey themes, however, if there was documentation for the styling number options on the left (specifically what it controls) that would be helpful.

Sure, we're working on this, it'll be available in near future releases.