4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@1sharonkat)
Reputable Member

With regard to:

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/forum-is-slow/#post-11391

My question is why to have 2 standards and not one?

After all, and with time most forums will grow, also feature releases of wpForo may have compatibility issues.

Regardless, for the technically challenged, can the developers add a script to the "Tools" to be executed only once for pre 1.4 installations? My understanding is that new install of 1.4 and up includes the new DB structure.

As for myself, I'm maintaining my sites [blogs and forums] but avoiding touching anything that is "under the hood". I even do not know what is the DB name and password.

Thank you

3 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Looking at my tables, i see a mixture of MyISAM and Innodb. From various plugins.

I THINK searchable tables are MyISAM, this is what i understant.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: yossik

With regard to:

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/forum-is-slow/#post-11391

My question is why to have 2 standards and not one?

After all, and with time most forums will grow, also feature releases of wpForo may have compatibility issues.

Regardless, for the technically challenged, can the developers add a script to the "Tools" to be executed only once for pre 1.4 installations? My understanding is that new install of 1.4 and up includes the new DB structure.

As for myself, I'm maintaining my sites [blogs and forums] but avoiding touching anything that is "under the hood". I even do not know what is the DB name and password.

Thank you

All new installations already come with these indexes.  There is only one standard after 1.4.0. This topic created for old installations, because adding this SQL on update process may overload server, these are heavy SQLs. New installation creates indexes with empty table, it's fast and light, but adding indexes in large table may stop plugin Update process, so we suggest it to execute manually until we add some tool in dashboard.

Topic starter
(@1sharonkat)
Reputable Member

so we suggest it to execute manually until we add some tool in dashboard.

Thank you